Tuesday, April 7, 2020

From Leaves To Art By: Ivan

This is my Tui I made from leaves that came from my back yard. I tried to make it look like a real tui but these are the results. Here are some facts about tuis.


Fact 1. Tuis eat insects and nectar. But thier favourite nectar is the New Zealand flax thats nectar somtimes ferments and causes the tuis to become drunk. you can see if a tui is drunk just by looking at how it flies.


Fact 2. Why do tuis sing well they sing because they belong to the order of singing passerines. Passerines are able to create more complex songs than other birds because they have more muscular control over the membrains that protrude from walls of their syrnix. (Note fact two is sort of copied from google.)

Last fact. What does the Tui symbolise. Because of their personality the tui are associated with life fulfilment, confidence and spiritual harmony. In Maori culture the tui has powerful significance. The act as messengers to the gods in the heavens.


I hope these facts interest you because they interested me when I went fishing in google. ENJOY!                                           

No comments:

Post a Comment